City of Bristol College
Lecturer Youth Work Practice City of Bristol
Would you like to be part of Bristol’s largest college and contribute to the success of our students? We have an opportunity for you to join us as a Lecturer – Youth Work Practice
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excelling working relationships with colleagues, students and stakeholders both internally and externally.
You will also teach and lead on programmes and courses, managing the learning process, guiding and supporting learners; prepare teaching materials, assess students’ work (including marking) and issue and mark student initial screening tasks and ensure learners attend an initial screening session as appropriate to the course and/or awarding body and act as an internal verifier; ensure all assessments are stored safely
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
click here to apply https://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/lecturer-youth-work-practice/
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
COVID-19 Lecturer Youth Work Practice City of Bristol