City of Bristol College
Lecturer – Special Educational Needs City of Bristol
Would you like to be part of Bristol’s largest college and contribute to the success of our students? We have an opportunity for you to join us as a Lecturer – Special Educational Needs.
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College. With recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities, the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students.
We have an exciting new opportunity to teach within our very successful Supported Internship Programme. The provision (based in Bristol City Council Offices) has an enviable track record of securing sustainable employment for young people with Education, Health and Care Plans.
You will be responsible for delivering English, maths and Employability curriculum to a small group of interns whilst preparing them for employment in a range of positions at Bristol City Council. In doing so, you will also liaise with external employers to explore further employment opportunities. This is a semi-autonomous role and will suit a self-motivated practitioner who is capable of working under their own initiative.
You will be joining an experienced and successful team who will support you every step of the way.
Interested? Then submit your application today!
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 8 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- A supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
- Please see our staff benefits booklet here
Click here to apply: https://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/lecturer-special-educational-needs/
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
COVID-19 Lecturer – Special Educational Needs City of Bristol