City of Bristol College
Lecturer – Lifting Apprenticeship Manager City of Bristol
Would you like to be part of Bristol’s largest college and contribute to the success of our students? We have an opportunity for you to join us as a Lecturer – Lifting Apprenticeship Manager
City of Bristol College is seeking to appoint a resilient, enthusiastic and proactive Lifting apprenticeship manager
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Colleagues, Students and Stakeholders both internally and externally.
The role will involve:
- To provide exceptional student & employer experience
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Strong communication skills within the organisation and with stakeholders
- A natural desire to work to high standards and achieve learners in a timely manner
- Effectively working to targets in line with college KPI`s
- Flexibility to take part in open events even on weekends
- To manage a caseload of apprentices visiting them in the work place assessing/training, coaching and mentoring them to enable them to timely achieve their end point assessment within their apprenticeship.
- Deliver knowledge in a classroom environment
- To work with key employers across the region and maintain professional working relationships with key stakeholders. To maximise recruitment, retention, achievement and timely achievement of our apprentices.
- The role of an Lifting apprenticeship manager is to identify if a young person has demonstrated the necessary knowledge, skills, behaviours and understanding to achieve their apprenticeship. The Trainer will provide training & assessment services to apprentices through apprenticeship standards. You will be undertaking training & assessment (and associated support) through a blend of both work-place visits and college delivery and through the use of our e-portfolio system.
- Design, deliver and maintain individualised training plans
- Assess the learning of the apprentice and provide developmental feedback
- Provide coaching to assist the apprentice in prepare for Gateway and End Point Assessment
- Work with the employer to ensure the apprentice has the best opportunity to achieve their goal and ensure that Gateway is signed off ready for EPA.
- Monitor student progress via the use of the appropriate College systems, such as e-portfolio and Pro systems. Ensuring all elements of the apprenticeship are tracked and stakeholders are fully informed as per apprentice progress.
We are looking for someone with experience of… and who is confident in working in a fast paced environment, with changing priorities.
There’s never been a better time to join the fantastic team here at City of Bristol College, with recent investment in our already outstanding teaching facilities the College has a great deal on offer for both staff and students. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to build and maintain excelling working relationships with colleagues, students and stakeholders both internally and externally.
What we offer:
- A generous holiday entitlement of 35 holiday days (plus bank holidays and 10 closure days)
- Membership to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%
- Up to 30% off courses with the University of the West of England
- Great discounts on hair and beauty treatments offered on site
- Family-friendly policies including flexible working, compassionate leave, enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave, parental leave and job share
- Excellent facilities including study centres, City Salon, multi-faith prayer rooms, bike storage, City Restaurant (situated at College Green and at SBSA), refectories
- Cycle to work scheme
- A variety of online shopping discounts and offers and cash health plan
- Plus a supportive package to ensure continuous professional development.
Please click here to apply: https://www.cityofbristol.ac.uk/jobs/current-vacancies/lecturer-lifting-apprenticeship-manager/
At City of Bristol College, we have one goal: to help our students succeed. We offer the widest range of academic and vocational qualifications in the area, with more than 1,000 courses available from entry to degree level. We provide education and training to approximately 12,000 students each year. The College is made up of five centres across Bristol and each centre offers excellent, well-equipped, purpose-built facilities. In addition, we have a wide range of community partners allowing us to offer courses in venues across the city. More information about the College can be found on our website.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us.
We are also committed to becoming a Trauma informed setting. We recognise that some of our students have experienced adversity and Trauma and that for some, these experiences may be an ongoing part of everyday life. With this awareness a Trauma Informed approach is embedded in how we work in all departments across the college and this is enhanced by regular staff training and support.
City of Bristol College is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. All new employees to the College are required to complete and obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure. A copy of our Safeguarding Policy can be found on the College website.
COVID-19 Lecturer – Lifting Apprenticeship Manager City of Bristol