Financial Intake Specialist
CHI Living Communities has an exciting career opportunity to join a team of health care professionals who promote our Core Values of reverence, integrity, compassion, and excellence in their actions, relationships, and service. We are looking for a Financial Intake Specialist who will use his or her knowledge of clinical diagnosis, medical necessity, and clinical skills to obtain insurance authorizations for inpatient skilled nursing.
The Financial Intake Specialist will coordinate and verify private insurance coverage and other third-party payer eligibility, review managed care and insurance contracts to ensure appropriate reimbursement for covered beneficiaries, and complete data entry and other clerical functions. This position also requires coordinating and distributing paperwork and assisting other team members to facilitate the intake process.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing and have a current RN or LPN license in good standing
- Obtain and maintain a current CPR certification
- Have at least three years of skilled nursing admissions or clinical authorizations experience (preferred)
- Have knowledge of third-party payer requirements for SNF
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking, phone assessment, teaching, and oral and written communication skills
- Remain in compliance with appropriate state certification/licensure and CHI Living Communities requirements as necessary.
We recognize our employees’ contributions to CHI Living Communities by offering benefit programs to enhance and preserve their work/life balance and help them protect, plan, and prepare for today and tomorrow. Benefits vary for PRN, part and full time employees, you can always check with the Human Resource Director at the Center for information. We truly believe that home is here for our residents and our employees.
Professional and Personal Growth Opportunities
CHI Living Communities supports employees’ professional and personal growth with opportunities on and off campus.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for full and part time employees
- Online Campus Learning with Relias Learning
- Dedication to identifying and promoting people from within
CHI Living Communities recognizes that employees need time away from work to rejuvenate and have a balanced work/life.
- Employees accumulate paid time off based on hours worked
- New employees can begin to accumulate up to 160 PTO hours off
- PTO increases with additional years of service
- Time and a half is paid for work done on holidays
- Company-paid time off for jury duty
- Company-paid time off for bereavement
Health Protection for You and Your Family
CHI Living Communities offers a comprehensive health benefit package to help you improve and maintain your health and the well-being of your family with special programs for weight loss and exercise. The following benefits are available to employees working 30 hours or more a week.
- Employee medical coverage with the majority paid by CHI Living Communities
- Multiple health insurance plan options so you can select the one that works best for you and your family
- Dental Option Plan with 75% paid by CHI Living Communities – Click here to learn about Superior Dental Care Value Added Benefits
- Vision Option Plan – Learn about a special hearing aid discount program connected with the plan
- 100% Company-Paid Short-Term Disability
- 100% Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Learn about our Virtual Physician Visit Program
- Earn money for your HSA just by walking every day – Read more about the Motion® Program here
Plans for You and Your Family’s Future
We value our employees’ futures.
- Full-time employees benefit from company-paid life insurance valued at two times their annual salary
- All employees are eligible for the Fidelity Investments 401K Plan
- Automatic employer contribution for employees who meet the 1,000-hour requirement and are active at the end of the calendar year
- All employees are eligible for the Employee Assistance Program through Mutual of Omaha that provides confidential assistance for employees and their immediate families, if ever in need.
If you are interested in joining our growing team, submit a letter of interest and résumé to Wendy Dolyk, Chief Operating Officer and Katie Tira, Senior Director of Reimbursement at the emails listed.